Buddhist Circuit Tourist Train - The Train
"Buddham Sharanam Gachaami
Dhammam Sharanam Gachaami
Sangham Sharanam Gachaami"
In the Mahaparinirvana sutra, the Buddha tells his followers that they can attain merit and a noble rebirth by going on pilgrimage to the places where he was born (Lumbini), gained enlightenment (Bodhgaya), first taught (Sarnath), and attained Nirvana (Kushinagar).
India, the country where Buddhisim originated, still has rich reminiscence of the Buddhist legacy. As part of its drive towards austerity, the only kind of art and architecture that it supported were Stupas (stone cased moulds that commemorated relics of Budha), Chaityas (prayer halls) and Viharas (cells for the monks).
Come, discover the path to enlightenment with the Buddhist Circuit Special Train.
National Tourism Award 2007-2008
Buddhist Circuit Special Train was launched by IRCTC, a MINI RATNA Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways, in the year 2007 with the objective of offering a Safe, Comfortable, Comprehensive & Reliable tour of the Buddhist Circuit.The same train has been awarded the coveted National Tourism Award of Excellence by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India in February 2009.
- Exclusive Train for the Buddhist Circuit Tour: The Buddhist Circuit Special Train is an exclusive air conditioned train for Buddhist circuit destinations and does not carry passengers other than the tourist booked with IRCTC for this special tour.
- Security on Train: Private Security Guards in each coach for constant and close watch to ensure safety of the passengers and their belongings. In addition, CCTV is provided in the train.
- On-board Hygienic Kitchen Car and Dinning Car Facility: The passengers can choose from an assortment of sumptuous hot meals (Veg / Non Veg) and snacks. Packaged drinking water, tea and coffee are available freely to the passengers.
- On-board Clean and Hygienic Toilets and Showers: For the convenience of the passengers, clean and hygienic toilets and hot and cold water showers are provided.
- Accommodation in comfortable Hotels on the Buddhist Circuit: IRCTC provides accommodation in best available hotels on the Circuit for stay as well as wash-and-change.
- Insurance Cover: All passengers are provided with Travel Insurance Cover for the duration of the tour.
- Medical Facility: In case of any exigency, medical support can be provided through an extensive network on Indian Railways medical facilities.
- Language Guide: Tour guides proficient in various languages such as Chinese, Thai, etc. are provided.
- Transportation: Transportation by AC Deluxe Coaches.